Thursday, March 15, 2018

Traveling on a tight budget!

Traveling is a dream for so many people but sadly, money restrictions often prevent people from making their travel dreams a reality. I know that's the case for me. I can list you easily two dozen countries and cities that I would love to visit but can't because of my tight budget. I'm a senior in college after all.... paying my grocery bill is hard enough sometimes!

So how can you do it? How can you see your dream location without breaking the bank?

Jaime and Liana looking for money in their
bank accounts... Just joking! They're trying to
figure out the metro map in Paris.
One of the most valuable resources I came across recently is Skyscanner.com. I was able to get roundtrip tickets to and from London Gatwick on Virgin Atlantic for around $600 total, and it was great! For an international flight like that, Skyscanner was able to keep the cost fairly low. Do a quick search for your dream destination and see when tickets are the cheapest so you can book your trip now!

If you happen to travel to Europe, for inter-country travel I would always recommend taking buses between locations instead of flying. It's much cheaper and really easy to handle when you're abroad. The two bus lines I would recommend are Eurostar and FlixBus.

And how about when you make it to your dream location? Eat smart and have fun, but plan ahead! Map out your meals and when you plan on eating out at restaurants so you don't overspend on food. So, if you have a long day of sightseeing ahead, stop at a grocery store and make some PB&J or Nutella sandwiches to take on the go. That way, you can really enjoy running around without running out of steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment