Saturday, March 11, 2017

10th annual Gainesville Fine Arts Fair

Over the weekend of Friday March 3rd-Sunday March 5th, the Gainesville Fine Arts Association hosted its annual Fine Arts Fair at Tioga Town Center on Newberry Road. At first, I was a hesitant about what this fair would entail, but I will admit, I was pleasantly surprised by all of the vendors and activities offered to the fair goers. I went to the fair on Sunday and the weather was just perfect for the event.


This little girl was just precious! I was so enthralled by her maturity and her confidence on the stage. Her performance brought me back to me early years of playing out of the Suzuki violin method books (where this piece can be found).




Of course, I just had to test out a few of these instruments for myself. I brought along a couple friends to the fair, and we played around on the instruments for a little while.

My nose most definitely led me straight to this vendor. And the food was delicious!! This fair was great for attracting new and future business to the restaurants and stores in the Tioga plaza.


Overall, this fair was a wonderful collaboration between local artists and musicians. I will be returning next year without fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment