Monday, March 20, 2017

Thornebrook Gallery presents new collection featuring artist Laura Adams Wilson

On Friday evening, I went over to Thornebrook Gallery on NW 43rd Street in Gainesville to check out local artist Laura Adams Wilson's new collection. There was a formal "opening" of the gallery that evening, and I was delighted by its relaxed and inviting environment. The event was personal and was kept between a small group of art admirers and friends and family of Laura herself. I might have stuck out just a little bit but I didn't mind! Art is art to all who choose to admire it.

I knew that this art collection was in association with Gainesville's celebration of Cuban heritage that goes from January until the end of March, which is formally called Bulla Cubana, and I was eager to see how Laura's artwork conveyed this theme of celebration. Looking back on my experience with the Gainesville Orchestra for Bulla Cubana certainly added to my excitement over this gallery opening.

Now, I must say Laura's artwork is stunning and so is her vibrant personality! I stole her away from the gallery opening for just a few short minutes to ask her more about her collection, and you can check out that interview and some footage from inside the gallery up at the top of this post! Her attribution of her artwork to her grandmother was pure and heartfelt.

To all who have not yet been to Thornebrook Gallery, now is the perfect time! Laura's collection will be on display until April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment