Thursday, April 26, 2018

Life in UF's CMIR

WUFT's Monday crew! Go gatas!
Hey, everyone! The countdown to graduation is here, and I am SOOO excited. Looking back on the last four years at UF, I can't help but think of all the time I spent in UF's CMIR, or Center for Media Innovation and Research. I spent hours and hours and hours in the Innovation News Center, reporting and working on projects. And my last semester, I even had the opportunity to anchor for WUFT's First at Five. So let's just say, I definitely grew some gray hairs in the journalism building...
Striped socks on live TV!

Post-show pic with my co-
anchors Henry and Nicolette!
Some of my favorite memories come from the stories I reported on for WUFT. One of my recent projects on Tim Tebow's Night to Shine prom event really opened my eyes to the kindness that exists in Gainesville (and globally for that matter). I was able to see how the community worked to make kids with special needs feel great for prom. Another project I enjoyed working on was my story on law enforcement PTSD and suicide rates. It wasn't a happy story by any means, but it taught me so much about reporting and talking to people who are going through hard times.

Monday anchors with our wonderful
producer and director.
Aside from my projects, I've loved all of my time with my lovely co-anchors and reporter at WUFT. I've made some unforgettable relationships and friendships that I'll take with me even when I leave Gainesville this fall. We always joked around and made light of even the most stressful newscasts. I will miss the Monday WUFT crew so much! Until next time. ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment